I believe that the past dissapears

Danielle - Bothell, Washington
Themes: change, family

I believe that the past disappears. Have you ever wished that you didn’t do something in the past because it totally affected your life now or will in the future? I bet everyone has, especially me. I remember in elementary school when everyone didn’t care about how you dressed or what you looked like but liked you by how you acted and by who you were. When Junior High came into my life all of that changed, it was all about how you looked and what clothes you wore and how cool your hair was. I started realizing that everyone was growing up and finally becoming teenagers and that we weren’t the same that we used to be when we were younger. We all changed. I definitely changed too. My first year in junior high I was really focused in school because I really cared about my future and where I was gonna be going after high school. I would always do my homework and pay attention in class and get well with family and friends, especially my parents. In the 8th grade all of that changed. I left my old friends for wrong friends because I wanted to be cool. I stopped caring about everything I used to care about, especially my grades because I didn’t want people to think I was a dork. I started caring about how I can make more people notice me. My parents started noticing that I was acting different and they kept thinking I was growing up but they started realizing that I wasn’t growing up; they realized I was changing myself and my relationship with them decreased every single day. In the middle of my 8th grade year I have made so many new friends that I started falling for peer pressure and started making bad choices. I got so bad that I even got suspended for stealing. The day that happened I knew I wasn’t the person I used to be anymore. My whole life changed that day. I lost all my friends, people thought I was a bad influence, and I lost so much trust in my parents it felt like they didn’t know me anymore. Over the summer I knew I had to be the person that I used to be before 9th grade so I got counseling. I honestly hated going but it actually helped me a lot. It made me realize that I could still come back on the right path but everything I’ve done in the 8th grade was still part of my life and will never go away because it already happened and I cant change it. In the beginning of 9th grade I made way better friends, got good grades again, and especially my parents trust back. I could regret everything I did in the 8th grade but no matter what I thought about the past I knew I couldn’t change it because every second that passes by is gone forever like dust, it’s just now your history and there’s nothing you can do but just move on in life and restart yourself on the right path. Trust me it worked for me :)