I Only Know, That I Do Not

anon - earth, New York

They want me to believe that I am a Lutheran Christian, but I am not satisfied with what their religion tells me to believe. Their church would have me to believe that we are the only life in the universe and that we were created by an “Intelligent Designer” but I find these explanations simplistic, and often close minded. I like to think I have an open mind about how the world works. I never try to be prejudice against individuals, and customs that I do not know about myself. So, is there a god? If I believe in him will I be spared eternity in a hellfire? If I do not believe in him, am I risking infinity in said hellfire? I like everyone else spend countless hours debating these very questions, and struggling with the even bigger question; “What do I believe?” Well I cannot say, my views are always changing as I learn more and more about myself. The real answer is I do not know what I believe, and I think if anyone can defiantly say “This is what I believe”, they are close minded fools. If I believe in a god or not is constantly changing throughout the day, as experience different events and witness various dealings. My lack of knowledge is what prevents me from knowing what I believe, how is one supposed choose what they believe in, if they are only told one set of beliefs or only two? The only way to truly know what you believe what you know is to know everything, and only god knows that.