Changing your beliefs will change your life.

Deborah - Atlanta, Georgia

I believe that what we think and believe defines us and how our lives proceed. Our beliefs steer us through life and are mirrored back to us. Changing your beliefs will change your life.

For years I believed that people didn’t like me. Maybe, I was told that I was unlikable and I believed it. Or, I maybe I took people’s reactions personally. Hey, maybe I really was unlikable. Whatever the reason, I felt unaccepted.

I tried to make people like me by healing them of their pain and suffering so they wouldn’t be mad or criticize me. This strategy was about as effective as trying to move Mt. Rainier one bucket of dirt at a time. I also tried to change me to suit everyone else. That didn’t work out too well either.

One day a coach told me that I was energetically wearing a “You Do Not Like Me” belief like a sign. This “sign” was being picked up by others before I even spoke. No matter what I said or did, the sign was getting in the way. She suggested that I ditch it. This seemed like a very good idea, but often requires years of counseling, reprogramming, meditations and healing. I wanted immediate results.

Without regard for why I had been carrying the sign, or whether it was justified, I visualized ditching my “sign” and replacing it with another. I trashed the “You don’t like me” sign. Then I brought out one that said, “I’m a great person. You’re going to like me.” I even added little neon and flashing lights for emphasis.

The pesky old sign kept reappearing. But, I replaced it with my new sign over and over again. Whenever I met someone, or entered a room full of people, I put on the new sign. I did my best to believe what the sign said – to believe in myself. When people got mad at me I wanted to haul out the old sign, but I didn’t. I trusted my new belief and stuck with it.

It worked! People smiled at me. They invited me to parties and told me they liked me. Most importantly, I liked me. I was happy. I believed I was likable and it felt GOOD! The belief was working for me and my dream life began to unfold.

What we think and believe is reflected back to us from the world around us. Our thought and belief energy is projected from us like a radio tower projects waves. These projections tell the universe and the people in it what’s happening in our world. All of the other radio towers around us pick up this signal and they respond accordingly. If we believe we’re a failure, we broadcast this to the world and the world responds in kind. Likewise, if we believe we are well respected we project it and it’s mirrored back to us.

Yes, I firmly believe that our beliefs define our lives. I choose mine wisely.