demi - Alaska

“Daddy’s little girl” June 23, 2008

I believe my dad is an irreplaceable person in my life. I am a 15 year old girl, who can’t live without her dad. He’s watched me grow up from a baby into a young lady. Over the course of my life he has taught me valuable things that have made me the person that stands before you today. I love when he talks about the old days when he was a kid growing up in Austin, and how everything has changed. It really places me in his shoes. No matter if you hear your dad talking about the same story ten times in a row. And even if his stories are really, really boring you should always listen to them because you never know if that might be the last time you’ll ever listen to one of his stories again. It’s times like that when you live life to the fullest.

Me and my dad love to go fishing. I think it’s the coolest sport in the world for me and him. It gives us a chance to relax and just talk. I remember one fishing trip we went to Johnson City, it was my first time fishing, and it was there that I caught my first fish! Daddy was so proud of me, later that day he too caught a fish, I wanted to keep them but dad said if we kept them we would have to eat them, and I wasn’t about to eat fish, yuck. So we had no choice but to let them go. That day I remember most because it was just me and him. When we were driving home my daddy was telling me more stories about the old days, everything was so peaceful, that before I knew it I had fallen asleep on his shoulder. It was the happiest memory ever.

Dad and I fight more than any normal family. We say things that have hurt each other. We never mean anything bad we say to each other. We just take our anger out in a different way. Its like when my dad fights with my mom he usually gets very mad at her, when she walks away from there fight daddy is still most of the time really angry with her. He takes his anger from mom and sends it towards me, he yells at me, calls me mean names. It makes me sad when he argues with me, I try to let it go and remember the good times that we’ve had before. Most of the times it works and I’m at peace again.

We’ve had our ups and downs. But what can I say, I love him!