this i believe marijuana

brandon - USA

I believe that marijuana is a waste of people’s time and life. What is marijuana? It’s a drug that makes you high and as people say happy. Marijuana can cause a lot of different things in your life. One time I was going to tryout for the basketball team but instead I made a bad decision and went to go smoke with some of my friends. At that time it seemed like a good idea, but I still had thoughts in my mind asking me “what am I doing?” and “is this a good decision?” At this point I was already high. It wasn’t what I had expected it to be. Actually it was a let down. When I got back to the gym, tryouts were already over and I saw the coach. I asked coach “what happen to the tryouts” and he told me “you missed them” with a mad tone is his voice. Then he said, “Better luck next year son”.

I felt the weirdest feeling that I have never felt in my life at first I thought it was the marijuana kicking in, but then I saw tears coming down my cheeks. I knew that wasn’t one of the symptoms of marijuana. That is why marijuana is such a waste of your time and instead of doing that you can do something else that makes your life better. If you go tryout for any team don’t be like me and go smoke marijuana with a couple of friends. It gets you no where in life. The next year I came back and tried out for the team. I tried my best. In life if you try hard you achieve greatness. That is what I did to achieve being on the varsity team as a sophomore.

I found out that in life there are way better things to do than smoke marijuana with some friends the day of tryouts. Be smart and don’t smoke weed like I did. As you can see my freshman year didn’t go so good. I didn’t make the basketball team because of my choices, but my sophomore year was great. Don’t smoke marijuana it honestly gets you no where. Even though people might say it does get you somewhere, it doesn’t trust me. It will get you no where in life. I can’t make that decision for you. You can make the right decision and don’t smoke marijuana.