Laura - Santa Monica, California

Many people say “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone”. But for people who do not have anything this phrase means nothing. For many students, school is boring, a waste of time, and sometimes even stupid. But to me, I believe you should take advantage of every minute life gives you and not waste time. I believe in attending school and making the best of it.

There are lots of students who attend school because they have too or because their parents make them. But why can’t students want to go to school. Yes, school may not be fun or easy or might be boring, but most teachers are not going to make class entertaining or exiting for you. Therefore, you have to find the fun in it and take advantage of school. Why waste time. Take this time to better your better!

There are many countries in where they have no schools; in where kids wished they had and education or a place to learn. Kids who can’t see education but wish and hope they have enough food to see day light tomorrow. I don’t believe that what you get is what you deserve. I believe that some are luckier than others but still, you should work hard for what you want and never give up because good will come back to you and pay you in the long-run. You should always set your mind to something and accomplish it. Never give up and always make the best of it.

“If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!”

In South Africa, there are billions of kids, but no schools. They have no choice or feeling towards attending school. There resources are very minimum and U.S. kids don’t really realize that what they have is more than what they expect. But instead they whine and complain for what they don’t have. And usually what they don’t have is the new technology device or the new pair of sneakers. It is usually something materialistic that they won’t be needing in a year or even months. Students worry more about where they should fight after school or deciding what party they should go to. But yet they don’t worry about what’s important. They don’t worry if there’s a test the next morning or the following week. Students don’t waste their time deciding what college or university they want to attend.

If I wouldn’t of attended school, or class; I probably wouldn’t of had the chance to write an essay like this. I probably wouldn’t appreciate school and the education I get everyday. It is thanks to those projects and research assignments that helped me realize that you can accomplish anything you set your mind too. And that you should appreciate dearly everything you have because there are others in the world who would die to have what you have.

Over all, I believe that it doesn’t matter whether you’re a kid, child, teenager, adult or senior you should always value school and everything you have. Taking advantage of what comes along and not wasting time. Because you never know if you might have a chance to re-do or take that opportunity again.