I Can Do All Things Through Christ (Philippians 4:13)

Melissa - Greenville, North Carolina

Raised in a Christian home, I attended church regularly. I was in attendance for every worship service, program, bible study, choir rehearsal or church meeting. Understanding that I am Christian, I have made it my business to apply the principles of the Holy Bible to my life. I know without a shadow of a doubt, without Christ I can not live, move nor have my being (Acts17:28). Going through my trials and tribulations, I am able to see God for who he is and not what other people have told me. I believe that He is a provider, a supplier, a keeper, a comforter, a healer, a deliverer, and a savior.

I believe that I was born with a purpose. In fact we all were born with a purpose whether or not we profess Christ. All of mankind was predestined from the foundations of the world. My journey here on earth will be a testimony for those who proceed after me. I believe that I was called to serve the community in which I live. I believe that I am a servant of God’s creation, hence people, young or old, rich or poor.

As a Christian I have to want to love everyone and especially those who despitefully use me. I am one who sees the good in all things. A saved lifestyle is a lifestyle without sin. Sin is all around me and I strive not to commit it. As no one is perfect, if I do fall short to keeping God’s commandments, I fall unto righteous, right standing with Him. Without a doubt those who do not believe in God’s law are in a world of trouble.

There will soon come a day where unbelievers will face death. Sadly, when judgment day comes their souls will rest in eternal damnation, hell. As a minister of the Gospel of Christ, my prayers are that all will come to the knowledge of Christ. Just as Jesus said in His word, He would as well, but all will not be saved. This is because God created mankind to make a choice. God is a gentleman. If you want to believe He will ingratiate you. On the other hand, people who refuse to accept Christ will pursue their own will for their lives and God will not overpower them.

I believe that a righteous person is holy, humble, slow to speak, eager to hear and is willing and able to do what is required of God Almighty. I believe a sinner will fall and go back to his own vomit, because he or she will not learn from their mistakes. A spiritual being will fall, repent with a sincere heart, and ultimately will not commit the same sin. I believe living according to the things of God means that you apply the will of God to your mind and your lifestyle. Most importantly, I believe that through Jesus Christ, I can do all things (Philippians 4:13).