Don’t Say That It hurts…

Thao - san diego, California

I believe that children need to maintain a good healthy life style for their own good. I believe this because kids are mean about picking on the easiest target. The one that is most targeted are the obese children. It is tough for a child to grow up in a society where a child thinks that it is ok to pick on by others. It really is not. A matter of fact it hurts a child and in the end it may even harm the child.

I know this from experience; unbelievably I used to be overweight myself for not taking care of myself when I was younger. Mean little kids that had nothing better to do but to bring me down and picked on me, they had a prefect target. I was chubby little kid with a Twinkie in my hand, “Hey Fatty you want another Twinkie to stuff down that fat throat of yours?” another saying “ you can’t play on that, you’ll break it”, the other one saying “what are your doing you can’t slide down that slide you’ll get stuck?” How was I supposed to take that? I could not think of anything else to do I just felt so ashamed of myself. Which than in turn caused me to harm my body in a completely different way. I could just take too much of the verbal beating. Eventually, I felt less self-respect for myself. Having been beat down verbally took a toll on me especially when I was at a young age. How was a child supposed to take that? A child cannot feel beaten down already, mind as well beat them self-down as well.

With all the bad name-calling and the picking on me, I had to admit my pride was hurt, but I was just a kid, how can something like that scar me for life? It can, it made me so self-conscious about myself that I started to think that I wasn’t pretty enough like the other girls in my class at the age of 15 I found myself to have an eating disorder. I was in denial about it, and did not really except the fact that it was true. I found myself eating once a day, and when I sat down to eat with my family it was just half a bowl of rice. “I have to be skinnier” was my thinking this was just how I wanted, but that was not enough for me. I wanted to be even more skinner. So I continued with the crash diet that landed me in the hospital. I worked hard, I played hard, and in the end I fell hard

Eat a little, heck why not eat a lot as well, just make sure to eat it in moderation. Maintain your food, exercise as often as you can. Go outside and find something proactive and productive to do do not think that sitting in front of that television screen will make up for the lack of exercise the sky the limit. Pick up a hobby, anything is considered a hobby just find something to do. Keep yourself busy, you do not want to find out the hard way as if I did.