Mariana - Santa Monica, CA, California
Themes: death

The times that I’ve gone to funerals, which isn’t plenty, I’ve realized that many people show up, many people who you’ve probably never seen before. All these people are dressed in black and crying tremendously. Funerals are horrible, especially because you have to say good-bye to that person that’s unfortunately laying in the coffin. That special someone, who maybe was a sibling, a boyfriend or girlfriend, or maybe someone who you said “hi” to but never actually sat down and conversed with. Although you’ve always wanted to talk to that person, you never did because you would always ended up saying the same thing, “tomorrow.” Next thing you know, this person is out of your life, forever.

I believe in telling them you care today because tomorrow isn’t promised.

We don’t live forever and we should definitely appreciate the time we share with special people because many things don’t always last as much as we would want them to, especially life. Life can come at us quick and it’s shocking how sudden death confronts us.

My best friend’s brother, who was my brother’s best friend, died a year ago. He was only 20 years old and sadly got shot. He was nice, caring, and most importantly innocent. His death was the most heartbreaking thing ever. I can still remember the night that my best friend called me to tell me the horrible news. I just couldn’t believe it. I lay in bed thinking about it and suddenly started to cry. I heard someone in the living room, so I walk over there and sadly its my brother. “Have you heard what happened?,” I asked him. He gets up from the couch, hugs me really tight, and says, “yes.” We both start crying. Its unbelievable how one day to another he was gone. The next day I’m in disbelief. I remember how he and my brother had this whistle they used to do and I heard it that morning and I remember running to the door thinking that once i stepped outside, his face was the one i was going to see. There are so many things I wish I could’ve said to him, but now its too late.

It’s unbelievable how we can die all of a sudden. Not only die, but in some cases we might lose someone so special and so unique and it sucks when the reason why they left is your fault; we lose someone so special for our bad actions. We have to realize when we have such an extraordinary person in our life and most importantly do whatever it takes to not lose them.

When you realize that someone’s special to you and you care for them deeply, tell them immediately how you feel because they can instantly vanish from your life.

Word Count: 483