emile - santa monica, California

I’ve been given this body to be mine, yet I don’t care to do anything with her.

I go for walks, runs, jog, watch the sunset, the moon rise, dinner, nightlife, breakfast, friends—however, no matter the activity or crowd, I never quite find it fulfilling. I seem to be incapable of “sucking the marrow out of life,” least not have the desire to anyway. Many a fond dreams of memories to come and goals to achieve are dimmed by a sad reality of me choosing rather to stay home, or my inability to find something to do. So often I’m aroused by the many things I could do with this body of mine only comparable to a limitless universe, that is me. Yet, youth seems to be wasted on me.

At this point in my life, nothing has gone as I had planned; however nothing really irks me, I don’t have drama, and I certainly do not create it. Hence the bounty that is my life. I take it easy and it lets me go. I live a life of me, of what I am. Feed it, let it grow and replicate.

I believe in my growth. I believe that although I am what many would call an “introvert,” I believe that this is not what I will be for the rest of my life.

This is not revelation that I learned from my folks or a knowledgeable individual. This is what can be observed from stepping back from everyday life, and observing all that surrounds us. Without bias, we can all take in a new perspective.

I find that all those around me are constantly fighting an uphill battle of reinventing themselves, worrying, trying to keep pace with our ever changing standards for life, status, and body. While instead of conforming, we should accept the good, the bad, and the ugly; life is about accepting these situations, issues, and ourselves. Without acceptance, we stunt our growth, without fully ever seeing what we could possibly become.

We are each unique individuals, we must learn to embrace ourselves, regardless if it isn’t the most desirable in society. We must flourish our identities, and blossom.

I am no teacher, parent, genius, but since when do you need a degree or some milestone to observe and understand that we as a whole are chasing something intangible, something that in the end will only bring disappointment.