People do stupid things when they are scared, desperate and alone.

Katrina - Hudson, Massachusetts
Themes: fear

Katrina Holbert

Running away means you are afraid to face life this saying stopped me from doing something stupid. It happened on a rainy night. I was home alone watching TV and the phone rang. It was my grandma B. This is how the conversation went:

“Hello”

“Hi is this Trisha”

“Nope this is her oldest. Can I help you?”

“Katrina its grandma. When is your mom coming home?”

“Oh. Hi! Not for a couple of hours. Can I take a message?”

“Yes. Can you tell her to call me as so as possible?”

“Yeah. What’s wrong?”

“It’s your great-grandmother….she’s dead.”

“Ok. I’ll tell her to call. Bye.”

Then I hung the phone up. I couldn’t believe she was dead. I had just seen her last summer and she was perfectly fine. Just then, everything that had been bugging me came crashing down on me. The loneliness I felt from having no friends because nobody seemed to like me not matter how hard I tried to get the kids to like who I am. My parents were fighting and my mom was threatening to go back to California and never come back witch scared me. My sister hated me because she blamed me for her breaking her arm witch I had no part in doing. I barely got to know her and now she was dead. I was so desperate to get away that I went outside walked to the end of the driveway and realized how easy it was to run away and forget about all of what was happening. I walked to the high school and I would have gone a lot farther but then I remembered something: “running away means you’re afraid to face life” and I realized that the quote was true and I did not want to be afraid of life. So I turned around, went home and changed because I was soaked and I waited for my mom, dad and sister to come home. That is when I realized that people do stupid things when they are scared, desperate and alone.