Music With Passion Prevails

Eli - Hudson, Massachusetts

Music With Passion Prevails

One thing that I believe in is that music requires real passion, which music needs to actually mean something. Music these days has been tainted by several things such as posing (trying to be like a past artist) and MTV. These have made the so called “music” that is spat out of radios these days makes me tell myself “it makes no sense.” My belief comes from the past experiences of listening to tainted music and witnessing the awful mockery of music on television. Many of the collapses of most music genres comes from posing, a vile act of when someone tries to act like someone else. Most people consider posing as the worst thing in music and associating it with descriptions such as bad tasting and unoriginal. Another downfall of music is MTV, a music station made in the nineteen eighties that made artists not focus on the music. These two things could be described as the two worst things that ever happened to music.

Many rock bands from the nineteen eighties to now try to be like the pure rock artists of the nineteen sixties and seventies. This beautiful stretch of music was what made music worth listening to and included artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Cream. Although, the nineteen eighties came along and posers such as Bon Jovi, Poison, and Warrant made a mockery of that pureness of the two decades before. Fast forward 25 years into the future and posers of today’s standards include bands such as Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance who try to act like punk gods such as The Ramones, Black Flag, Iggy Pop & The Stooges, and other original punk bands and they end up looking and sounding horrible. Over the years, I have watched in disgust this dreadful act of mockery and I just wonder to myself, “why? Why do they have to try to defy the magnitude of someone of a mammoth reputation by trying to be just like them.” Another thing I see that makes me sick is when kids today who worship these awful posers think that the certain artist is original, which they certainly are not. Basically these poor souls are being exposed to this madness and thinking that it’s genius when it’s nothing compared to what awesome power of originality and meaningfulness that has emerged in the past.

Another smaller reason why the majority of music these days is rubbish is the television station called MTV. Many people believe that MTV ruined music because in the nineteen eighties many artists’ goals were to get a video on MTV, not to focus on pumping out groundbreaking tracks of musical genius. This completely caused a huge case of unoriginality almost turned music into crap, quite frankly. This also absolutely made music in the nineteen eighties stink with a diabolical combination of both techno and hair metal. This serious issue of music in the nineteen eighties also really unfolded into another large problem in the entire media industry itself. It seemed that large corporation were attempting to capture what was supposed to be a major work of art and turn it into a way for those corporation to make more money and become larger than life. It similar to perhaps, recycling a material and morphing it into something completely different to serve a completely different purpose. So all in all, this large corporation scheme for power called MTV eventually had it’s way with the music industry and almost ruined all music as a whole.

Not all music these days has become garbage of the mouth. Some musicians strive to be original and not make their music sound like that of better bands. These are the people who try to avoid being poser douche bags (pardon my French) and try to have their own originality in music, which is what music is supposed to be; original. I have also seen many of these striving artists defending themselves from posing with originality and I realize that this is what music is all about. This is also why I believe that music is supposed to mainly about the music and needs to actually mean something. If the world was full of posers and music lacked real passion, the music would be gone forever.