this i believe

brandon - hudson, Massachusetts

I believe that things will more often than not get better with time and cooperation. I believe this because when I was very young my father passed away and that made things very hard for me, my brother and mother as well.

Because my brother and I were so young it was very tough at first. I didn’t fully understand what was going on but as I got older and older things were all starting to makes sense, which was good in a way but also bad at the same time. It was good because I could now understand that my dad was gone and wasn’t coming back. Knowing that could eventually help my brother and I to go on with life but without ever forgetting who our father is.

Being older and more able to comprehend things made things worse for a little while because it was very hard getting over the whole situation and the fact that I would have to grow up without my real father and I would never be able to see him again.

Things definitely got better with time. My mom always answered all questions that my brother and I had as we got older. My family members played a big role in helping my brother, mom and I get stronger and helped us to move on. They would often watch over my brother and I while my mother was at work and they helped to keep us occupied. I noticed that we all played a big role when helping each other get better and back to normal.

When my mom decided to start dating again she found a guy that my brother and I really liked. He was willing to be a father figure for the both of us and that he did. He made things easy for all of us because he was always there for us when we were feeling down or maybe even needed some help or advice. To this day he and my mom are still dating and he has helped me a whole lot, he has helped me to mature and he has taught me many things about life. I feel that he is one of the reasons that we have grown stronger as a family and have been able to get over the loss of me dad.

I will always remember my father but now when I think about him it doesn’t make me really sad. This is because of the cooperation with my mother and brother and many other family members that helped us move in life and grow stronger as a family.