this i believe

Brian - Maynard, Massachusetts
Themes: equality

The last time you walked down the street did you see that everyone looked exactly the same? Did they walk the same or talk the same? I don’t think so. Everybody on this earth is different in some way except for one key fact; we are all human. Humans come in all different sizes, shapes, and colors. People tend to judge each other all because what’s on the outside, and I think that’s wrong. I believe every human on this planet is equal no matter what they look like, and many people need to take this into better consideration.

Many people today are still judging people because their race and I think this is really bad. The holocaust that occurred in Germany is a great example of why this is such a bad thing to do. Hitler brain washed the minds of many Germans that the Jews were the reason for all their problems, when almost all the statements Hitler made were lies/propaganda. Because of this, over 6 million lives were lost. 6 million innocent humans were killed because they were seen as unequal to society, and the truth is that all humans are equal. As long as people know this important ideal now, many lives of the future could be saved.

In America today there is a lot of criticism and racism that is somewhat caused by advertising. People see models in magazines and come to the conclusion that that’s how they’re suppose to look; but it’s not the truth. The message of beauty given off by many magazines is not always healthy, and causes a lot of stress for certain people. For instance, certain people who are a little bit over weight are really bothered by the fact that they don’t look like the models in the magazines. This way of thinking is very unhealthy and stupid because people who are a little bit over weight are perfectly healthy no matter what they look like. Everyone is equal, healthy, and human no matter what they look like; people shouldn’t judge others on how they look.

In my life I see mean, prejudice, racist people everyday. I see people that make fun of the mentally challenged, people that make fun of the overweight, and I see people that have hatred on a certain race only because where they come from. It’s actually quite sad and pathetic that all this hatred and cruel behavior is being caused by how people look and where they come from. Nobody deserves to be treated badly because of the way they look, the disabilities they have, or the country they come from. Everyone is equal, human, and deserves to be treated that way.