Nothing is impossible.

Saskia - Victoria, Australia

If you have ever been to the box hill pool, you would have noticed there are many different posters on the wall. On one of them there is line, and that line says, “Impossible is nothing.” after reading this statement, I though about how true it was. I believe that if you put in enough effort, and have enough belief in yourself, you will succeed.

For example, this applies to the many people who dreamt of sending man to the moon. These people spent many years of trial and error. Perhaps giving up a few times, but they never stopped until… 1969, man lands on moon. Imagine how proud of yourself you’d be to know that you assisted in such a successful experiment, to know that the aircraft, you help build, was sent to the moon.

I believe that giving up is a cop out to yourself. When you give up, you’re telling yourself that you’re not good enough, but you are. If you try hard enough, you’ll get it, for example, if it’s a maths problem, don’t only try one method, try different ones. In the end you’ll find the one that suits you.

Success is a part of our lives, whether it’s the smallest of things like finishing that last question on a test, to the largest of things like scoring a winning goal in sport. I believe that you shouldn’t let a task beat you. By that, I mean giving up or, not accomplishing it. No matter how big or small the success is, you should always be proud of yourself.

I thought this piece was suppose to be 200 so when I got to 198 words I felt pretty good, but then I was told that it was 300 to 500 words. So I went back and put some more into it. I didn’t moan and I didn’t give up; I just did what I had to do. You’ll get things done quicker if you just do it.

The term “it’s impossible” is used far too much these days. There are many things that people think are impossible, that no-body could achieve, but in reality, they’re not impossible its just no-body has bothered to put enough effort into trying. For example, flying without a plane or helicopter. You may all think, yeah, that’s impossible, but its not. I believe that if you put enough effort into trying, you may find the key to success. So as I said. Nothing is impossible.