I Believe in the Ant

Jessica - Los Angeles, California

I Believe in the Ant

Ants look for sweets and food. They look for places to get together with their dynasty to construct a land to stalk goods for the future. Ants are such small creatures, but they too have a small brain, small eyes, small legs, and a small mouth. Ants are what stick to the bottom of shoes and sandals. Ants are what get stepped on; they are so tiny that they aren’t noticeable to anyone. They are not seen from the point of view of the horizon.

But, ants work hard to survive. They have to watch out for every thing that has breath; for human feet, for sticky chewed bubbleicious gum. They even have to watch out for earthquakes. They just have it bad. Their circumstances make it tough for them to manage in this place we call Earth. But some do make it. Some ants make it through their obstacles.

And I, I too am the ant that makes it. Compared to others I possess a small brain, small eyes, small legs, and a small mouth. But what does that mean. Absolutely nothing. It just challenges me to work harder, just like the ants have to work harder than every living thing. I get stepped on by the world and its massiveness. I am larger than an ant, but to the world I’m just Jessica Soltan. I am just another speck in the eyes of the world; I too cannot be seen. But in the end, I still make it.

I am the ant that keeps trying to gather food to provide myself to survive. I am the ant that keeps bobbing and weaving through larger feet, sticky bubbleicious gum, and shaky earthquakes. I am the ant that makes it. Through the circumstances and obstacles, I become stronger in who I am and who I live to be.

One day I will be seen from point of view of the horizon. I will be recognized for all my hard work and dedication in all I do: in gathering food for my tribe and myself. I may be stepped on, but I will step right back up.

I believe in the ant. I believe in myself. I believe that no matter any barrier, I will destroy it because I believe in what I stand for and who I am. I believe in me, an ant.