The future is my God

Flint - Vienna, Virginia

I believe in the Future. I do not I believe the future will be better; but in an all-knowing Future that will judge our lives. Forgiveness is granted by the Future based on the balance between our good deeds and our transgressions. What you believe doesn’t matter only how you live your life.

I believe that all religions that accept some variant of the golden rule, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”, are equally valid and in fact as provide a valid view of God. Like viewing a seen through a crystal, each face of the crystal makes the seen look different, but all views are equally valid, so all religions are equally valid and simply represent a different way of looking at the same God.

The golden rule emphasizes justice, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. This runs contrary to the belief of many religions that you can only be “saved” if you hold the particular faith belief of that religion. This is an important for expanding the faith, but goes against the core belief of the religion. Prostellitizing, while well meaning, is a throw-back to a self-centered tribal perspective that many of the founders of the religion fought against and a perversion of the golden rule. Throughout the ages wars have been started because of religious differences, when just about all religions hold that it is wrong to kill. Nothing should, but to many, the only concept that can trump the prohibition on killing is when there is injustice. The key, therefore, is justice. We can not have peace without justice or put another way “Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.”