Still filled with hope for our future generations, I believe in change, and reformation.

Dawn - Redford, Michigan

Our world today is like a car without power steering, we are a society maneuvering left and right, on and off our aggrieved track of life. All that is needed is someone strong and unalterable behind the wheel, to direct our ever accelerated lives to a friendly, more benevolent speed, to enjoy once again the little things that should matter.

To more than a blur of high tech devices, celebrity breakdowns, smaller and more efficient machines, created to perform more of our alleged “work” for us. Why? These all seem as just phlegmatic little tidbits of everyday life, flying by like abstruse images through the windshield of a car driving 90 mph in an unrelenting rainstorm. And when the pesky little bugs of the world, such as war, disease, responsibility and deadly hurricanes smash against the tinted glass, calling for us to stand and unite, we simply wipe it away with chrome plated, automatic wipers. Because in today’s world we are hand fed the notion that there is, in perpetuity, someone otherwise to complete these disadvantageous tasks.

I believe it is possible that this perplexed world still bears children who will grow into the tenacious and unwavering heroes we all wanted to be when we were callow, and full of dreams. These strong minded leaders and free thinkers of earlier times that rose to triumph over unthinkable devastations. Such as President Lincoln in abolishing slavery, setting free a myriad of people whose voice was subdued, one of whose words initiated the fight against discrimination, the Dreamer Martin Luther King.

And if these few were alive today, what testimonial would they give in reference to our government in America, the war, or world peace? Who would the patrons be and how will they respond? Distracted with ears full of cell phones, connecting faceless conversation, inventive new toys, and our newest television show? Will it be someone like Mother Theresa, who in her fight for the dignity of the destitute gave the world a moral example that bridged divides between culture, class and religion? Or Emmeline Pankhurst, the suffragist who headed the movement that won women the right to vote, hoping to sweep away the limits of gender?

I hold fast to a faith that there will be great changes of which the world needs to feel human, again, and belief in the revolutionaries with new ideas that better society in all walks of life. That unity and awareness are important in implementing great conversion, and perseverance against all odds. I believe even through extraordinary circumstances and negativity, society will recuperate, and embrace true values again? What do you believe??