I Believe in Hard Work

Devon - Camarillo, California
Themes: work

“I Believe In Hard Work”

I believe that hard work is the basis of all achievement. It is hard work that raises the capabilities that I possess. Hard work brings out the skills from deep within. If I don’t work hard, I achieve nothing. And it is nothing that will get me nowhere. To me, ‘nowhere’ is unacceptable.

A lot of people don’t realize but, with just a little hard work you’re achieving much more than you would expect. When I’m truly working hard it’s as if I release my inner beast. And when I do this, every goal I’m striding for begins to sprint towards me, almost as if it wants me to catch it. Once I’ve reached this point, my goals then become my prey. And I am the predator prepared to grasp it.

When people aren’t working as hard as me, it makes me wonder how they get anything in life. There are just too many aspects in my life that give me no reason to be lackadaisical. I know that I should always set goals for myself and do everything I possibly can to achieve them. I will achieve them. Nothing is too hard for me, because I’m always willing to adapt and grow. In the big picture, I’m just trying to better myself.

On the football field, I become the cockiest meanest person you’ll ever meet. The reason being is football is what is going to get me into college, and no one will stop me, no team, no player, no coach… nobody. It’s all part of becoming the predator. And a scholarship becomes free with all this hard work. I’m sixteen and I’m creating my future, and all I see ahead, is success.

I can’t let myself see anything less than success. The reason I work so hard is because I’m scared of what I could end up like. I don’t want to be poor anymore; I don’t want to have to get a bad job, I don’t want to disappoint anybody who is already watching me, and I don’t want to disappoint myself. I want what I need and I will succeed.

When I’m going through tough times I’ll sit and pray. I’ll ask for help, and forgiveness of anything I could have done that day. God only knows I’m not perfect. Other people pray for help too and they expect Him to do what they ask, or at least hope he will. I, on the other hand, don’t expect him to do anything, because what he does is gives me opportunities to achieve what I’m asking for. That is what I work so hard for, the opportunities that are granted to me.

Everybody gets a chance to succeed, I just happen to work a little harder than most for it.