The Feeling of Love

Amanda - Camarillo, California
Themes: love

The Feeling of Love

I believe that there is such an existence of the feeling of love, the bonding of two hearts. The feeling of love…the smile on your face for no reason at all, the simple butterflies in your stomach, the constant counting down of the clock until you’re together again, all of the laughs, jokes and talks shared between, the holidays, the secrets kept. Nothing compares to love, nothing can hide from it, you just need to know how to see it when it’s there in front of you, waiting for you to hold it and cherish it. I believe in love.

I never knew what love felt like until I met him, Richard. He was the smartest kid in school, the best basketball player, the most popular, everybody knew who he was. I had first seen him in the previous year in 7th grade science but we never had the chance to meet.

The moment we met, he simply said hello and asked me what my name was. His eyes sparkled like an ocean on a bright summer day, his smile similar to that of the sun. After I told him my name, he replied with his and we both began to talk. From that moment began a remarkable and everlasting relationship that never wanted to end. We quickly became best friends. It seemed that every moment we were together, we kept learning more about each other, we both kept realizing that we we’re meant to know each other, meant to love each other. We loved each other greatly within that one-week of meeting.

Since 4 years have passed since that day, I have learned to love, to know what love felt like, to be loved and how to hold it and cherish every single moment we have together. He has been my best friend and my love through all of the moments since that day in 8th grade. He makes me the happiest person in the world and I’m so lucky to have him love me as much as I love him, he’s the one whose kept me strong. He helped me believe in love…he is love.