Environment

Ran - 22206, Virginia
Themes: environment

Even though human is the dominate creature on earth. Our lives are heavily dependent on other creatures around us. We are not paying enough attention to the environment protection. We sacrifice our environment for the economic growth. But one day, the pollution is going to hurt us. So I believe people should care more about the environment and stop doing anything that hurts the environment.

Now, every year, hundreds of species which take millions of years to evolve become extinct from earth. Why? Because we take too much land and destroyed their habitats. That is a serious problem. If the extinction continues, one day the food chain will be broken. And if that happens, all the animals on earth will be gone, including us- the most intelligent one.

I remember when I was a kid. There were frog in the pound, dragonflies on the tree and grasshopper jumping out of the grass. However, now, all the parks and lawns are replaced by tall buildings. The kids no longer have place to play sports or running around. Once I talked with my mom on the phone. And I was very shocked that the park at where I used to live in Beijing has been turned into new building and parking lot. I felt really sad because it was the place where I used to play whole day when I was at elementary school. Now, all the kids can do is staying at home to play a computer game which hurts their health. Factories are becoming more and more. As the result, the sky gets dimmer everyday and sandstorms become more frequent every year.

Another reason why we should stop harming nature is that more and more deadly diseases are coming out such SARS and bird flu. I think that’s a result of chemical wastes we throw out to the environment from factories. So I believe we really need to pay closer attention to the pollution issue or eventually the deadly disease will exterminate us all.

Last I believe countries should get rid of nuclear weapons as they are harmful to the environment and kill too many people. The radiation of nuclear weapons can cause mutation in animals and as a Yes, it is a powerful weapon, and we do fight wars to get resources and gain land, but we shouldn’t destroy the planet we live on.

Therefore, overall, I believe we need to pay more attention to the environment.