I Believe in the buetiful game of soccer

Tim - Pearl River, New York
Themes: sports

I believe what soccer stands for and the ideals people can learn from the beautiful game. Many people, in the United States especially, do not understand what the great game of soccer can do for one group or country. Soccer can unite a nation, even the world, under whatever the differences may be between those citizens or governments. Many of the ideas and items used in soccer can teach simple lessons that relate to our everyday lives and can make the world a better place.

The first symbol that stands out the most has to be the referee. The referee is watching, just as our government watches our society whether we may know it or not. The referee can represent more then government; he could be a teacher or even an enforcer of the law because he can penalize crimes on the field just as our law enforcement can penalize them in society today. I believe the game of soccer can be related to life and that everyone starts off the same at the start of the game. Each team has a reachable goal that can only be reached if that one team or person excels in a mixture of skill and intelligence. The only real rule in soccer is to play fair which said in simple terms is to play the ball and not the man. This idea or rule suggests that we should not get personal in life, but if you do hurt someone the referee or government will be there to even things up. When someone on the opposing team has kicked the ball past your goalkeeper, there is a restart in play and the keeper kicks it back the other way. This idea discourages wild kicks and bad aim, both in the games of life and soccer. When you kick the ball past your own keeper, then a corner kick for the opposing team is granted, thus discouraging weak play and bad judgment. A goal in soccer is only awarded if the whole ball crosses the line, and just as in our everyday lives, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. A soccer match consists of ninety minutes, no more or no less. Since the game has to end sometime, do not delay the game and whine. Referees do not like it. In life, parents do not like whining either, but the idea of the “just get on with it” mentality is a major part of soccer and the game of life as well. So I believe that the beautiful game of soccer has a lot to offer and can teach us all to live life well– with passion and fairness.