Nate - Hudson, Massachusetts

“People see God everyday; they just don’t recognize him – Pearl Bailey”. Up until the last couple of years, I never thought much about religion. Coming from a family that doesn’t regularly go to church, I didn’t really know what to believe. I always saw God as a “possibility”. I somewhat understood that he once existed, but what could he possibly do now that he was in heaven. I only attended CCD for a couple of years, so I don’t have too much knowledge on the history of God. I always thought, “Who is to tell me if God is real?” It was always hard for me to listen to a priest read from a book and then from that believe in such a strong figure such as God. Now that I have matured and gone through many events in my life, I can proudly say that I am a believer in God and his ways.

God exists within me. To be honest, I have never personally made contact with Him, or do I have any experiences in which I saw God. But just because you can’t see him doesn’t mean he isn’t there. I thank God everyday for giving me a healthy and happy life. God helps my family and I get through tough times in our lives. Recently, my grandfather passed away from an unexpected heart attack. It was a tragic event for everyone in my family. I know God was looking over my family for those couple of weeks, keeping our hopes up. He helped us then, and I believe he will continue to help each and every human being until death.

I believe that God has everybody’s life in his hands, and he knows what is going to happen to all of us. He created all of us, and he decides the fate and success of all of us as well. This I truly do believe and I think we all need to learn from this that helping others will make us all happy in the end. Some of the happiest people in the world are not the richest, but are just normal people that strive every day to do the right things and to help other people get by. No one should ever blame anything bad that happens to them on God, or say that God is not on their side. The reason for the bad events that occur in someone’s life all result in something that person has previously done.