This I believe

Michele - Hudson, Massachusetts

This I believe

Have you ever just stopped to think about why things happen in life? Well I have and I came to the conclusion that things happen for a reason through the mistakes we learn about life. I believe that some things fall apart so that other things can fall together. There are things that have happened in my life to prove this idea. For example, my parents got married and they got divorced. They had my sister and me, and maybe that was God’s plan.

Sometimes things happen in life that don’t always make sense to me like “why am I not friends with her anymore?” or “how could he do this to me?” when really, there is more to life than just high school. After we graduate and go out into the “real world,” as adults like to put it, no one is going to care who you were in high school. Maybe there is a reason why some kids think that being popular is the best thing that ever happened to them. Maybe it is so that they learn their lesson that it really doesn’t matter. People were meant to make mistakes. Mistakes are what make us people. If no one made mistakes, this world would be full of boring perfect people. Doesn’t sound like a real life to me. I am not saying that I believe in Fate, because I think God has a plan for everyone. He brings certain people into our lives for a reason. I have seen experiences with people who have almost died because of drug addictions or being alcoholics and then somehow found a place to help them and their life was saved. Being a drug addict or an alcoholic is a mistake, but if one finds the help they need then they are learning from it. I have worked with people from a rehab center and they are the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. It goes to show that just because you make a mistake; it doesn’t mean it is the end.

All we can do in life is be the best that we can be. Being the best we can be doesn’t always mean following the in crowd or doing what ever your friends do, just because they think it is cool. Sometimes we have to listen to that conscience that we have and learn how to say no so that we don’t always have to learn the hard way.