Karma

Matthew - 01749, Massachusetts

Karma

Think of a five lettered word that always comes back to bite you twice as hard. That one simple word that causes so much might be known to some as karma. Karma is a unique thing to believe in. Many think of me as a unique person and maybe that’s why I believe in it. To describe karma you have to look at personal experiences. Maybe it may have happened to you or some one you know. It has happened to me and this is how it went.

My sister and I always got along and we were getting along fine for the past couple of days but you know how siblings are, they always have their moments. I was sitting in my room watching television, when I happened to hear my mom talk to my sister about something. For some reason it interested me and I wanted to hear more about it. I carefully eavesdropped into the conversation and heard my mom say to my sister, “Next time somebody calls, you make sure to give me the message. It could have been an emergency and it wouldn’t have gotten to me thanks to you.” I could see from my sister’s expression that she was very upset and she kept telling my mom that she didn’t know anybody called. Me on the other hand, just remembered now that grandma had called looking for mom and told me to tell her to call her as soon as she got home.

Nobody wants to hand themselves into trouble, so I backed up and quietly left the room without a thought of telling my mom that it was me that forgot to give her the message. It’s a guilty thing to do but I would rather have her get in trouble over me any day. I had a feeling my sister knew it was me but I didn’t say anything, I just let it go.

This is the “karma” part comes in. A couple of days after my sister got yelled at about grandmas phone call, I was soon about to get yelled and be in the exact same situation she was in. I went out to my buddy’s house and left a note, or at least I could have sworn I did. My sister might have even seen me writing it. As my mom was yelling at me about how what I did was wrong and something bad could have happened I saw my sister walk by. I looked at her hoping for her help and she did nothing but walk by. I didn’t blame her for not helping me. I didn’t help her; she didn’t help me, known to some as karma.

At the moment it seemed right and worth it but little did I know that it would later come back to bite me. It was an equal situation, I didn’t help her and she didn’t help me. So from now on every time I feel something might come back to me I try and keep away from it. Avoid it and treat others the way you would want to be treated and your safe from karma.