Creating this Planet

Casey - waterbury, Vermont

Creating This Planet

I believe in god .I think God was the creator of this earth. We started learning in 9th grade Earth Space Science class about the “Big Bang theory” it was about how the universe started. We went into depth into this topic and I believed that this had really happened, for a while. But I would go to church every Sunday and sit their and listen to the priest at my church talk about gods life and how earth evolved and a lot of other stories. I learned a little more each week it made perfect sense now on how the earth was created. The earth was created by god himself. He made this planet and put water, plants here. Then as time went on really small organisms grew and eventually turned into what we are now. Reading the bible also taught me lessons about life and story’s, about nature and how to treat people in a nice way. The bible is on how god created earth, but it’s about much more it’s about life and how people have come and evolved from that and grew into caring human beings and to understand other things.

Every night I go to bed and I pray. I pray for my family and pray for health, pray for war to be over, and for anything I need help with, or difficulties in my life. I feel that god has helped me through all these tough times in teenage years and all my life I heard from many different people they have had experiences with god. This is my experience:

I was next to my dog when he died, you can imagine it was the worst thing ever to see. My dog was waiting for my dad to come home, but he had to go, my dad just got home to say his goodbyes, but my dad didn’t make it in time to say goodbye. It was cloudy until he died and then it got really sunny out of nowhere it happend. I believe that god was trying to tell me something that everything was going to be alright and went for the better because he was sick. We went out to eat the night couldn’t find a restaurant we all agreed on ,funny thing is we ended up at Gracie’s in stowe.Gracies is like a dog restaurant or dedicated to dogs. But I don’t know I thought it was really weird first it got sunny right after my dog died, then ended up a dog resraunt. A month later I wanted to go to a dog shelter to look at dogs. My dad fell in love with this chocolate lab named Hunter .In the end we ended up adopting him on Halloween ‘06.He is now four. But he reminds me of my old dog like the personality and how he acts. I just thought god really was trying to tell my family and I something, I just didn’t know what.

These kinds of experiences with god have made me learn and stronger. I know that he will be always watching over me and trying to help me and choose the right choices I think god has a path for every individual on this earth to do something different.