Choose Your Own Path

Thomas - Moretown, Vermont
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that people owe it to themselves to do everything they can to better themselves in life. But our culture in the world today makes that extremely hard for some people, even though we have freedom of choice most of the time, people are still pushed to do things they do not want to do. I think this is wrong. Parents have always wanted their kids to get A’s in all classes, and go to a great college, not really knowing if that is right for their kids it just feels right for them. College is a choice in life, along with millions of other things, and you don’t have to choose it. I think going to college for something just because it will get you money in the future is a mistake. Because you will just end up working 40 hours a week, do something you don’t like or perhaps hate doing, that’s the wrong way to live life. But if you love what you study then power to you.

Some could say they work for the money, and the money makes them happy. Slaving over a piece of paper, it seems wrong, and our short lives should definitely not revolve around it. We will all end up wasting our short lives, and living in false happiness. The world is in a stranglehold by the big corporations, telling us how to look, how to act, how to be. Maybe we should all go back to trading and living without higher classes that we try to live up to.

Better yourself by going to a great school, studying hard, then going to a great college if that’s what you want. Or just traveling around the world, seeing all you can. Whatever works best for you is what you should do. You should never live a life that revolves around something you hate doing, even if you do get a lot of paper with colored ink on it. That kind of life is just plain unhealthy. Do everything you can to be happy, whether that is volunteering to help others, exercising, or even skydiving. Past times are never a waste of time if they bring you joy. I believe by bettering yourself, and doing things that you love to do, you will be truly happy.