Prisons

Shelby - Orford, New Hampshire

Prisons have become more tolerable in recent years by attempting to improve the lives of the prisoners and give them helpful ways of living. Prisoners are being offered different form of education, work, and hobbies to help improve their future quality of life. The hope with these new activities is that they will either be inspired, or mentally helped by having something to do. With different activities going on, the prisoners may have better behaviors because they don’t feel isolated, angry or “insane”. With this new addition there may be more hope for them to recover and once they get back into the real world they will be further ahead then they would if they were left in jail for their mind and soul to ROT. People would benefit if they had more changes to change their lives. People need to be punished, but there are different ways to punish and teach how to improve their life at the same time. Society might worry about the funding and budgeting of money for jail, but money shouldn’t be the problem, the problem is how these peoples well being affects the rest of their lives. It is possible to change peoples attitudes, people can turn their lives around and there should be more motivation and hope encouraged in this world, especially for those who have had rough times.