I believe in one in a million

Meghan - Pearl River, New York

I believe in one in a million. My name is Meghan McBrien and I am a freshman in high school. I think that everyone is unique and has a unique personality. As much as people can try to copy some one else, they will never be exactly the same. That’s why each individual on this earth is one in a million. Finding one friend that truly matters is better than having a bunch of friends that aren’t true friends. I always wonder what my life would be like if I had different friends or I was born into a different family. Then I think that God made me who I am to meet certain people in life. In my high school, the girls have big groups of friends but they get into fights, and they become two faced. Eventually they don’t even look at each other when they walk by in the hallway.

I have two best friends. I used to have a bunch of friends, but over time we grew apart. Who remains? My two best friends Colleen and Sarah. I have known Colleen all my life. We have been best friends since kindergarten. Sarah and I became friends in seventh grade. We have our other friends that we can hang out with outside of school, but we will always have each other. We are not perfect. We argue, we laugh, and, occasionally, we cry, but we are always there for each other.

I wonder how we met. Every one has some unique characteristic. Whether it’s the way we laugh or they way we talk, something clicks that makes Colleen, Sarah, and I grow stronger. I think that different personalities click and that people become friends when they share something in common. There is a reason that certain people are attracted to others.

I believe that people are destined to find some one in the world that will love them. I think that people can find a soul mate, that one true love. Timing is everything. Out of the many people in the world you could meet someone on a street corner and start a relationship from there. The people that you meet in life can impact you in ways that are indescribable. I believe that one should not compare oneself to someone else. To be an individual is to be one in a million. Your own personality is unique; no one else is the same as you are. Finding friends, and loved ones that are the way they are makes them one in a million. Being one in a million means being irreplaceable; some one who is one in a million is one that is proud of their characteristics, even if some of them are quirky, one who is an individual, and one who has their own personality. The people that surround you can define you. I believe that people are going to find one person that is one in a million. I have Colleen and Sarah because there is no one that can be exactly like them. Do you have some one who you can consider one in a million?