This I Believe Essay

Isaiah - Colchester, Connecticut

I believe that you help others more when you teach them instead of giving out answers.

I believe that help is more beneficial for people when you teach instead of giving another the answers or baby that peer because you are not always going to be around to give others the answers to everything. They need to be able to think for themselves without always having to ask other people for everything. By teaching them to do something you are helping them think for themselves. Also by teaching others to do something they won’t have to ask another person for anything.

I love helping others, but when I help people I usually give them the answers instead of giving peers information so that their questions will be answered. I have come to realize that by teaching peers things; they won’t come back and ask you how to do the same thing over and over again. I think I’ve received my helpful nature from my mom. She has always been known to help other people whenever they ask for it. My mom has Multiple Sclerosis, so I have to help do many more chores that most kids my age wouldn’t have to do. Last year, a couple of weeks before Christmas, my mom went to the hospital. I was stuck at home by myself while my step dad was at work, and I had to take care of myself and my little brother, Aaron. I had to teach him how to wash his clothes and fix himself something to eat whenever he was hungry or wanted a snack. Since then he hasn’t come to me or my mom asking us how to make something because he already know how to do that by himself.

Helping others is something that I’m really good at. I enjoy helping others, but not so much when I’m the one asking for help. I believe that asking for help takes an incredible amount of courage. I believe that when another person asks for help they are brave enough to say that they don’t know something and they want to know what it is. Sitting around not knowing what to do means that you need help. I believe anyone that asks for help deserves it no matter what they’ve done or how evil they are.