Tolerance of disabilities

John - USA
Themes: disability

In my point of view people with disabilities are treated unfairly. I know what it’s like because I have an 14 year old disabled brother with cerebal palsy. For many years I have seen people treating people with disabilities for as long as I have lived.

When I went to a public school in Melbourne, Australia people didn’t take care of my brother and they treated him like he was five when he was 12 years old. I’ve learnt over the years that a disabled person is the same as the rest of us but they can’t express their feeling the same way as we can.

One of the most intolerent things that I have witnessed is ordinary people pretending to act disabled. The reason thyat I think that people do this is because they think that disabled people don’t have feelings so then the disabled people don’t really care. In my life I have learnt that probaly disabled have more feelings than the rest of us because they are nearly made fun of all the time.

In full I think that people are intolerent to disabled people because they think that they ghave no feelings and they can’t think for themselves.