Freedom to be you

Michael - USA
Themes: freedom

Everyone has the right to be who they are, no matter what colour their skin is, or their hair colour or who their parents are; everyone has the right to be who they are.

Without this right some people would not step out and voice their opinion, they would just sit back and keep their ideas to themselves, making the human race miss out on some wonderful opportunities to progress and make life easier for some people, without this right no one is free. Lots of people who have endured severed bullying may not even be allowed to stop it because they don’t have the right to be who they are.

Without this right many discoveries may not be made, many countries or maybe even continents around the world could be ruled by a cruel tyrant. Freedom is something that has to be earned; if you don’t’ strive for freedom you may not achieve it. Many people struggle to obtain freedom with all their might, fighting against stronger and more apposing opponents but in the end not giving up, they are usually trying to obtain better condition for themselves and other people close to them or in the same situation.

In some countries people are prosecuted if they go out and voice their opinion to other people, spreading their opinion around their country to try and make their life easier and better. People who suffer from racism need to step out and voice their opinion to other people who believe what they believe.

Freedom of speech is needed in our life without it things may not be discovered, technology not even made or many intelligent or gifted people may even die because of it. Without freedom of speech the world would be a horrible place to be in