Hope For Tomorrow

Ashley - USA
Themes: setbacks

At times the night sky comes out to haunt, but sooner or later the sun will rise. The trees will continue to grow for years and the birds will continue to sing. I have hope that tomorrow will be better and I’ll be given another chance to live a life better than I did the day before. I have encountered many different situations, some worse than others.

It all began with long nights assuming he was at work, and the lonely weekends sitting home alone. The practices, the tournaments, the memories all missed. The one I use to sit anxiously for at the front porch to see after a long day at work. Just being able to hear his strong sturdy voice, gave me the feeling of being so secure when I knew he was around. The one that gave me more than twenty hugs a day and use to say that I was the one in his life he lived for. He wasn’t just my dad or a parent guardian, he was my best friend.

It was one afternoon; I had received the bad news that he had really left. I couldn’t believe what my mother was trying to tell me, it felt like a nightmare no one even wishes to think about. All my dad kept telling me is you’re too young to understand, you have to be older to know where I’m coming from. But the truth was, I did understand. I knew that there was no way I could trust my dad again for what he had done.

All the pain, the hurt, the tears caused by a cheater, who now means nothing and isn’t worth fighting for. Once my best friend and a great dad, now just a scrap in my trashcan who I don’t even need anymore. I use to be able to say I was the only girl in his life, but that didn’t seem to last long. He’s gone and changed now, but I now can move on and learn from my mistakes to become a better person. He’s hurt not only me, but so many others and I know there’s no way that I can look at him anymore as being my “hero.” And even though I was put down with this life changing event for quite some time, I have learned to realize that one has to move on. That is why I believe that there will be hope for tomorrow no matter what one is faced against.