Chance

Aaron - maple valley, Washington

I believe that life has purpose. I believe that every human being was born with equal rights, but unique in their own identity. I believe that God has a plan for everyone and that he wishes to be active in everyone’s life. Life in itself is incredible and is designed with such magnificence, beauty, and complexity that it negates any possibility that chance is responsible for our existence. I have come to find that everyone has faith. The one thing that separates us is that some choose to deny that what they have is faith while classifying it as observation. I have come to believe that peace, joy, and fulfillment do not come from empty pleasures but rather through relationships, love, and purpose. I believe that our time on earth is not a mere and that when we die we will go to live in heaven or hell. I believe that we as humans are not deserving of anything, but rather blessed and saved by the grace of God.

Perhaps one of the most impressive and beneficial qualities a man can attain is humility. The idea that we do not and cannot understand or know everything is crucial in attaining wisdom. I believe that humility could change the world in incredible ways if it were to be valued among men. Unfortunately in today’s society men and countries that hold the characteristic of pride are valued higher that those that don’t.

Although the world is an incredible place and man is an incredible being, we were all born into sin and have inheritably selfish traits. In my life I have experienced on several occasions that in the long term almost nothing matters. What remains constant throughout my life are a few of my friends, family, my character, and God. Progressing into this mindset has allowed me to live in a more relaxed fashion and find peace with what I do. Recently, my life has been changed and formed my character with more understanding of the fragileness of life. My parents who where previously financially stable, suddenly encountered three government lawsuits. After a year of attorney’s fees and fighting, my parents lost a case that has changed an entire business industry. Going through this has matured my understanding by realizing how unimportant money is when we rely on things that never fail us. I know that I am not perfect and that I never will be. However, we all have love that binds us and it is because of love that we can know that we have purpose in life, and that we are not merely evolved protozoa.

No one will deny that the average person is born with what we know to be a conscience. The question I propose; is where did that conscience come from? Many will argue that it is merely a psychological effect that society has on us. If this is true, then how did the first man learn to share, love, show kindness, or put a friend before himself?