We should have more decisions

Rory - waterbry, Vermont

I believe that we as in the people that live in this country should have more decisions on what goes on in our country and our affects on other countries. If everyone had a bigger say in what the government does, we could have a very intelligent group that almost always makes the right decisions. We could decide new and better laws we could have decided if it really was a good idea to go into Iraq. We can make better choices about all the current issues including global warming. I also think that if we the people vote for something then the government shouldn’t be able to override like it doesn’t matter, I think we should all vote together and every vote counts.

I do not think that we should have gone to Iraq at all. I think that going there was a big mistake because the situation is just going to escalate and it will hurt us in the long run. I think by going there we created something very big, like a war that we brought over there when we really didn’t need to. The Government didn’t really listen to the people, they persuaded the people about going into Iraq. They sort of lied about it. The government could have been a lot smarter about going into Iraq and I think they realize that now. I think if everyone helped make decisions with the government, like a debate with more people than we could make very good decisions or even a very big group outside from the government that works together debating the decisions our country makes and the laws and the freedom and everything we have to deal with, and everyone has a say.

I believe that if we the people from our nation vote for the president of the United States and the president that got more votes from the people than he should win the election and get the job. I think that in 2005 when President George Bush and Al Gore a presidential candidate were both running for president and Al Gore won by the votes from the people, then why is George Bush still our president. Because the government thought that it didn’t really matter what we voted for and they voted themselves and George Bush won that election I just think that instead of the government overriding our votes, we all could have made a decision together and everyone’s votes could all equal the same.

I just think that our country could make much better decisions about everything that we do, and do it together. So like instead of a government that makes decisions we should have a group or a forum where people get together and debate but everyone else has a vote and a say, instead of being shut down like they have no say.

That is what I believe, what do you believe?