I believe that it is time for the third American Revolution.

Tanner - Waitsfield, Vermont

I believe that its time for the third American Revolution. It has been a long time since 1776, the first American Revolution. But those laws that are founding fathers set so many decades ago are not being followed. The country was frail, we were strong against the powerful British army that wanted the land we call home, and many battles were fought over disputes on the way to write the laws that are the building blocks for are country. When the colonists won the war, they wrote the Declaration Of Independence, is declaration declaring the independence of the new country United States of America.

The second Revolution I think was the Civil war. The Civil war was fought over many different things like, slavery, power, and keeping the country together. The north and south of the USA did not agree on many issues, that lead up to the deadliest war that the US had ever seen. In the end the north prevailed, and the country once again was held together. The hard ships of the Civil war were worth it in the end because as a whole, the problems were solved.

All these issues that lead up to Revolutions are common in a young country such as ours. Revolution is good if you ask me, it is a way to get a fresh start, or start over agen. If the Revolutions never happened we could be British, or still have slavery! Many people died in these Revolutions but they died for their country whether they new it or not, there sacrifice held us together.

Now in my maturing stage of my life I have realized the terror of the of the ongoing war that the US is involved, from the everlasting war on terrorism, to the war in Afghanistan, or the very controversial war on Iraq. I can say that I have grown up in a war. A war that for some part of my life I had no idea what we were fighting over. I remember September 11th; we were all called into a room and told about the terrible terrorist attack on the twin towers. I felt like my innocence was stolen from me, in forth grade. Right then I realized that the world was not the beautiful place that I once through it was.

Over the past few years I have closely studied the war on Iraq, because so many people don’t know much about the war, that’s why I have been following the war so I know all about the war my country is dieing for. I know the many different reasons for the war on Iraq, I also know the opinions, and I have an opinion of my own. But my opinion does not matter, until I am eighteen. I feel like my voice box has been cut out, I feel like adults won’t talk about politics in front of me, even though I can speak well on the subject. This is injustice why can’t I voice my beliefs; another revolution would bring change to are so called free country. It is time for another Revolution because I feel that the laws we fought for in the first and second Revolution are not being fulfilled. I fell like I don’t have rights in my own country.