Why I think we should stop global warming

ryan - waterbury, Vermont
Themes: environment

Global warming is a problem we are going to be facing in the future years and we need to stop it before it gets any worse. In the winter I shovel for a company called MNR landscaping. All day we shovel snow for a lot of homes in the community. If global warming keeps getting worse we will not have any roofs to shovel. You might think that, well if there is no snow MNR could keep mowing lawns but I also have a friend named max who has a snowmobile and I love to go to his house and ride it in the snow. I also think we should stop global warming because MNR also sells fire wood and if the temperature rise too much people are not going to buy firewood. I love to work with MNR and I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else but if global warming keeps getting worse I will have to find a new job.

There are a lot of things we can do to not create so much pollution. First thing we can do is drive smaller car that are fuel-efficient. We can also car-pool. When people are going to buy a washer or dryer they need to make sure all your house hold appliances are energy star rated. You can also use florescent light bulbs because they use less wattage and burn brighter and they last up to 2 years.

There are a lot of other reasons that global warming is bad. One big reason that

Everyone is concerned is what if the ice on land starts to melt. For instance if they all the ice on Greenland melted then it would raise the sea level. I believe that everyone needs to start thinking about global warming and do what they can to prevent it. If we the people don’t pay attention then it could be real bad in the long run.