Toby - Waterbury, Vermont

I believe people who have just gotten their license should not have to wait six months to drive other people and three months for siblings. I do not think they should have to wait that long because if people have their license then that means that they are not that bad of a driver The only reasons they have to wait is to make sure that they are ready to drive on their own and they have a good feeling for the roads. I think that if people are not ready to drive then they should not be able to get their license, and to avoid the bad drivers that do get their licenses, I think that the amount of points that the person taking their exam can get off on their driving exam should be less than 21 total points, I think that the amount of points someone can get off while taking their driving exam should be, when all totaled up at the end, less then 15 total points off. That would eliminate some of the not so good drivers that get their licenses because they did alright driving that one day, and it would make the roads safer because some of the bad drivers would be off of it.

I can understand why there is a law that says people who just got their license have to wait three months to drive immediate siblings and six months to drive anyone else, because they want to make sure that the people that have just got their license are ready to drive on the road and they are comfortable and have a good feel for the road, which makes sense because if people are not ready than that could create a lot of problems on the road and that could be dangerous to everyone on the road. If people do not have a good feel for the roads, if they had someone in the car they could be put into a dangerous predicament and they might not know how to deal with it and that could put another person in a dangerous spot and there is nothing that the passenger could do to help.

I think that even though the law makes sense although I think that it should only be two months after someone gets their license to drive immediate family and three months before you can drive anyone else. Even if people are not ready to drive people and they have there three months, which would mean they could drive people, they wouldn’t be forced to drive any one; it will always be that persons decision to drive someone else.

I believe that the law is not correct, I believe that you should only have to wait three months, after you get your license, to drive other people around, I think this because after driving alone for three months you should have a pretty good feel for the road and you should be a confident driver or you shouldn’t be on the roads and if you are still not ready to drive people after three months that is your decision not to.