I Believe in Being Successful

Richard - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

What does being successful mean to you? Does it man going big or going home? To me it means to attain wealth or to achieve something big. It also means achieving dreams or goals you have set for yourself. This, to me, shows you believe in success or being successful.

I want to be successful so I can become something big. By being big I mean I want to have a lot of money because I’m doing well for myself. I also want a big family that I will be able to support and be able to give them anything they want. Being big to me is important because as a minority, people doubt us as worthy of what we have and get. I also want to prove to corporate America and all the other people that minorities can succeed and become as successful as them. Even though as the minority we’ll still always be doubted.

Another reason is that I want my children to look up to me. Success has to do with my children because as a parent I could be a positive role model instead of negative role model. I also relate success to my uncle because I want to be just like him. He has served almost 10 years in the service and is making good money and is living lavishly. Also I want to do something my parents never have done, which is graduate from high school and become successful.

Another reason for being successful is I want my parents to be proud of me. I think this is important because all my life I have been hearing speeches from both of my parents telling me that,” Big dreams lead to big things.” Also, they don’t want me to make the same mistakes in life as they did; For example having kids to early, not finishing school and doing things that shouldn’t be done, in general. I know if I succeed in life ill be breaking the family cycle.

Being successful is a key part I being alive. It could be a life long dream. It could be to better your life as that you can be a better role model towards your children, or success could mean surpassing expectations that were set out for you by yourself or parents. Being successful is a life long dream for me. As a human being it is worthy living for. Think about what you want for yourself and how you will prosper in the future. It is worth living for.