They are called Privates for a reason

Jessica - Waterbury, Vermont

I have many beliefs, but I strongly believe in modesty. We Americans live in a “sex driven” world and everywhere you look there is someone wearing some sort of provocative clothing or exerting some sort of sexual content or nature. People think that it is attractive, but I honestly just find it disgusting and rude. Chest cleavage and seeing the bottom of people’s butts hanging out of their shorts are something I do not want to see. They are called privates for a reason. In our state’s capitol city there was a naked bike race recently. I don’t know about other people but I really don’t want to see naked people riding a bike. They should’ve done that sort of thing where no one was around, especially little children or during the night time when few people would be out on the roads.

In almost every movie there is either a sex scene or a scene where sex is the main focus. Most music these days, especially rap songs consist of sex as the main or a big idea. The lyrics and song titles are so filthy and gang related, for example the song Lollipop by Lil’ Wayne. The lyrics to that song are “…call me so I can make it juicy for ya, I let her lick the lollipop…” Now I don’t think they are talking about the dum dum type of lollipop, I know for a fact they are talking about a certain body part that only males have. Sex is supposed to be special and sacred, not shown to the whole world on porn sites on the internet or in movies.

I have the self respect and I wouldn’t go around exploiting my body. I wish other people would have the dignity to keep them selves covered up and not be exposed for the whole entire world to see. I understand that is their choice to wear what they want to, but they should respect the eyes of everyone that has to see them. Pornographic movies are everywhere, book stores, movie stores, CD stores; it seems like everywhere you go there is sex.

I honestly think it is sad that the number one rated movie right now is “Sex and the City.” I haven’t seen the movie, but friends that have seen it told me that there is a lot of sex and or sexual content. The television show is on TBS, Sundays at 9:00 pm and children that should not be watching that type of television show could watch it. Granted there is no actual sex in the television show, but there is the idea of it. I mean just look at the title. I understand that people may like to have sex but not everyone wants to see it or hear about it. Women should love, respect, and honor their bodies. Not show it to the whole world.