Karma

Jaron - Issy, California

What goes around comes around! How many of you have heard of this saying? This is the idea of karma and people experience this everyday. Have you ever done something bad, and later that day or the next day, something bad happens to you? Karma can strike when you least expect it, which makes you think about the choices you make. I believe that if you do good things, eventually good things will happen to you. And it works the same as if you do bad things, bad things will come upon you.

I have learned to believe in this idea because I have seen it happen to others, along with myself. There was one time that I can remember when Karma hit me in a good way. A couple years ago I was a volunteer to help rebuild our neighborhood park. I got up early along with my other neighbors, and helped bring in new toys, and lay down new beauty bark. It was a lot of work, and I didn’t get paid or anything. I figured I was just doing a good deed, and that it would make me feel better about myself.

The next week I went to a small carnival held at that park and there was a raffle drawing. I entered just for fun, but actually ended up winning and getting a new Ipod. The chances of me winning were slim to none, and that’s when I thought of Karma.

People in society may not notice Karma in their lives but it happens to them all the time. For example, say you’re driving on a two lane road, and you are driving the speed limit, when all of a sudden a car goes flying by past you. You continue to drive and about 5 miles down the road you see that same car pulled over by the police. This is a perfect example of karma. It will always come back to bite you in the butt, so be careful what you do.

Karma is a good thing to live by, because it will keep you in line and making good choices. It’s not always going to be 100% though, because there is always the chance of bad luck. Someone good be the nicest person in the world, but an earthquake might occur and kill them. This is just bad luck and very unlikely. Doing good for others, you will not only feel good about yourself, but hopefully karma will make good things happen to you. As long as you remember the saying, “What goes around comes around” you should be able to convince yourself to make the right decisions. Just believe and you shall succeed.