Keep it Real

Nicholas - Renton, Washington

Have you ever been made fun of? It’s an every day thing that nobody can avoid. On average it that takes 12 compliments to erase one put down, no matter if it’s a joke, or you’re just “joshing” it hurts your mind. I believe in not letting words affect who you really are. If you’re a confident individual words can’t hurt no matter how aggressively they’re said. People need to understand that it doesn’t matter what people say, you have the final say in your life, and that no matter what you are who you are and that can’t change.

People need to slow down and understand that it doesn’t matter what other people say. People make stupid comments because they’re insecure about the way they really are. It make a person feel good about themselves if they can find someone weaker then they are. But the fact is that they used to get bullied themselves. Other people make fun of others out of jealousy or anger. For example I bought a new car it’s a 1997 Honda civic that happens to be purple, I plan to get it painted black but for now people just laugh because of the color, but the ironic part about that is that the people laughing are still riding the bus. So of course there’s going to be haters and jerks but don’t let them shape who you really are.

You can’t let others shape who you really are inside. As human beings we deal with the constant stress of our peers. One thing we need to understand is how to say no! We have the ultimate decision, and who really cares about some brain-dead druggie trying to pressure you into doing drugs. The moral of that last phrase is to let you know that you’re the boss of yourself; all you need is the guidance from your family and friends to help you make the right decisions. I think that even though you decide your fate, your parents helped make you, and you are who you are.

I believe in being true to yourself and that you are who you are. Deep inside no matter the exterior you are that same person. It doesn’t matter if you’re gothic or Christian you are who you are and you can’t change that. It doesn’t matter if you’re friends ask you to change, your true friends will like you for who you are. You can’t change what you really are, so learn to love yourself for who you are.

I believe that you need to keep it real and won’t allow words to hurt you. So don’t let others get you down, or shape you, just accept who you are for that reason. That you are a confident individual who won’t let others opinions hurt you. Because once you give up the ability to decide for yourself you give up what really make you…you.