Just Live It

Caitlin - Woodbine, Maryland

In life, there are so many twists and turns. The only way to overcome these obstacles is to find an alternative route to your destination. If you can’t go around the fence, jump over it or dig a hole and go under. Whatever we do in life, we can’t let things stand in our way. If we do, we have been overcome and conquered. And, if that happens, we may have defeated the point to life itself—if we are conquered by ourselves that is. The one thing we must be sure of is to live and enjoy every day, no matter who or what gets in the way. Just brush it aside or leave it be. The point is to live well. If there is an obstacle, you must manipulate it to work in your favor. There’s no need to complain about it. You just have to live with it.

Through our lives, we never know what the next day will bring. All that we know is that we will have to get through it. We never know whether we’ll see the same people again. You shouldn’t take things for granted, especially people, because they could be here one day and gone the next. I never really know what the next day brings; nobody does. Sometimes we lose sleep over it. But worries are just wasted emotions because we’ll eventually know the answer. Sometimes, we might even be surprised by what we wait for. For instance, I waited for one of my friends to ask me to prom this year from another high school. I got asked and was ecstatic. Me? A sophomore? Going to prom? Wow! I guess we really can be surprised by what we wait and worry about. We all wait for one special time in our lives when we are completely satisfied. When we get it, it’s a big deal. Then, I realized that we are all alike. We all want the same things and have similar ideas. We all want to be the one that is special or the exception to the traditional rules.

In all actuality, it doesn’t mater where you live or your background or your religion. All that maters is that you realize that we bond together with each other. Just as each day connects to the next with the sun and moon, we connect with one another. Every day has a purpose—to make us happy, or sad, or want to improve ourselves. At the end of the day, we all have dreams, family, friends, and experiences that shape how we are, but we must remember to not let them shape us. This I Believe.