Life is Undefined

Beverly - Glenwood, Maryland
Themes: change

Life. There is no true definition except for the period of existence. How we choose to live life is our choice. We each have different perceptions on how we should and shouldn’t live it.

Some choose to live by other people, some by other things. Some take religion as the means of life, doing as what they believe, god or the gods would want them too; while some do not believe in any god. Some believe in rebelling against society or life; while some mold to society as another face in the crowd. Some are followers, some leaders. Some people live with billions of extra money, while some live it bill to bill. Living in the past. Living in the future. It is all about how people perceive life. They choose how they live it.

But life differs. We don’t choose who we live with, who we are born from, where we live at our young ages. The people who bring us up, generally help set up our life. Life is what we make it.

Through our experiences we prosper, if we learn. I made mistakes, but I lived. I had thoughts and negative images, but I rebuilt myself stronger than I was. It’s the way we take our mistakes that make us stronger. I took my mistake and changed. I searched for reasons I rebuilt my beliefs and my morals. I used to mold with a crowd, be like everyone else, but I found within my searching being like everyone else was not worth it. Why be a clone, when you can be your own? It’s not about the people you impress. It’s the people who know everything about you and love you for it anyways that matter.

I had to fix my mistake, I had done something I regretted and now I had to mend it. I realized first I had to change. I had to become someone better than who I was, or who I was trying to be. I had to break through a thick shell of lies and mistakes. I acknowledged it would be different and I would sacrifice, but to me change was all that mattered. And second I had to tell my mom. This seemed to be the hardest thing. How could I bare to disappoint her? She would never look at me as her good daughter; she would look down on me. I looked at her with tears streaming down my face, as I told her what had happened, who it was, and that I was sorry, I waited for anger, but all I saw was love and caring. She took me in her arms and held me, repeating kind words of: everything was going to be okay. Her face did not have any sense of disappointment. It was then I realized that it was going to be okay. The past days and weeks we talked and became closer, we grew towards each other. I forgot I had people around me that loved me. It came to me that I did not have to live by impressing others and trying to make people like me because I had other people who love me. I had them right in front of me. If they loved me they would be there for me. I should live life, the way it is. Don’t take things for granted. It was time I looked for the positive things and to be myself.

Life differs depending on how you make it. People go through life differently. But the only thing that matters is if I enjoy it. Life is what I make it. The way I see it is different from the next person. Life is undefined. Life is what you make it. Life does not define us. It is we who define life. This I believe.