Adilene - Downey, California
Themes: prejudice

Name calling, bad judgement, racism, etc. The opportunity to succeed taken away from you over the fact that people still to this day use discrimination. Till this present day discrimination exist because of racism, skin color, financial drifferences and many many other reasons. I remember not so long ago in the beginning of my senior year school year i read a book. I dont recall the name of the book but it was a great book that changed my personal perspective about discrimination. The book was about a mexican gangster who lived a difficult life with his family. They lived in Los Angeles and do to their race they were forced to deal with discrimination everyday. For this guy it wasnt easy growing up. Helping his family, young brothers and sisters, going to school, keeping up with two jobs to support his family. Also it was extremely difficult for him because as he grew older he became more and more envolved with gang related activities. getting pushed, harrased beeing put down, turned down on opportunitys like for shools or jobs simply because he was a latino. This story really impacted me because i dont think its fair for someone who is trying to do well and succeed in life to just be turned down because of the fact that people still use discrimination . I believe everyone is equal and everyone should have the same right and opportunity to better themselves regardless of what race or ethnicity you are. Discrimination i believe will never end because I know there are people out there who strongly believe they are superior to others, people who think they are better than everyone else, people who like lowering others in order to feel good about themselfs. This I believe discrimination should come to an end, people need to change the way they think of others and realize we are all the same. We need to live in a better place.