I believe in Myself

Marisela - 90026, California

I Believe in myself

I believe life has a purpose. I believe that my life is worth it. That everything I do affects my future. I believe I can change the way I am. I can overcome obstacles, accomplish everything I want in life, and do whatever I desire. I believe in myself; my future depends upon me.

Ever since I was little girl I knew that my life had a purpose, that life had something waiting for me. I believe in myself; I believe I can change my attitude; I know I can become a different person, a much nicer and understanding person. Life has brought me many obstacles that are hard and painful. Life has taken away someone I love and admire. That person was my brother, he passed away in 2006. I admired my brother because even though there were always conflicts in his life, he would always move on. Since he is not with me anymore, the only thing I can do is treasure him in my heart. When obstacles stand in front of me, sometimes I wish I could climb Mt. Everest and throw myself down and forget those obstacles. Sometimes I laugh at my problems because I know that those problems have to turn around and walk away and that I could say, “That’s right, walk away.” I believe that I can change my attitude and overcome many obstacles.

I have many dreams that I would like to accomplish. I want to be the first in my family to get a high school diploma. I want to go to a four year university. I believe in myself. I know I can accomplish what I want. No one can stop me from accomplishing what I want if I’m determined. When someone stands in front of me and says “You won’t be able to do it.” I won’t listen. I believe in myself and I know I can accomplish my dream. I won’t give up. I will always try. I will be brave. My life is like a pot of gold, so hard to keep, so hard to hold.