Actions Coded for Error

Mayra - Los Angeles, California
Themes: setbacks

I believe that making mistakes is part of human nature. Nobody is made perfect and no one is the best human being on earth. Making mistakes is part of human nature, this makes people experience more in life and learn how to be a better person. When making mistakes we should be given a second chance, it’s a big part of the learning experience that helps us grow as human beings. When I was a little girl I learned that mistakes bring consequences. My parents always said that my brothers and I should choose the right path so that we can have a better future than theirs. They have been through many obstacles and had to deal with them, for one reason; to give us everything they couldn’t have and guide us towards the right path. A path in which, we value the time we have in this world. A path in which, we learn how to do things by ourselves, and not depend on others all the time. A path in which, we are triumphant. A path in which we stand strong and don’t let what others think bring us down or make us feel less than what we really are. However, trying to choose this “right path” is hard. For instance, I wanted to fly like a dove searching for freedom and sore away for a while into a new adventure. I wanted to start experiencing what life was like by being with someone you love. I wanted to be with someone I enjoyed being with, but in their eyes I’m still their little girl. For my parents it seemed to be a big deal but for me it was the complete opposite. The actions they took were not the best ones. They tried to keep me away from this person who I really cared for. They did not try to comprehend me and figure out a way in which things could be worked out. I wanted to be with this person that awoke a feeling that I never felt before. They thought that this was a mistake because I wasn’t ready for this new adventure in their eyes. I believe that making the wrong choices is part of our everyday lives and can help us move on and learn what is good and bad for us. I believe that not everything we do is going to turn out right the first time. But if we keep on trying hard and are positive about what we want, things should turn out right. Sometimes people don’t want to make any decisions because they are afraid of making another mistake, but they never know if their actions would be a mistake, unless they try. If it turns out to be a mistake, they should be given the opportunity to correct their errors because we are not perfect human beings that are meant to do everything right.