Life is Fragile

Rosa - Los Angeles, California
Themes: illness

I believe that life is fragile. I had always thought that nothing cold happen to me that I would always be safe. There has been so many times that I have almost gotten ran over by a car. Luckily I’ve made it out same not a scratch or a bruise on me, yet I see myself as an invincible person that nothing bad will happen to me

Everything changed when I was 15 years old. I have always gone to the doctor and always come out fine my only trips to the hospital is when my aunts had a baby. One day I had a stomach ache, or so I though, it was. It hurt the whole day but I didn’t really care because I thought it would go away like all stomach ache. The next day the pain was still there, only stronger. My parents decided I should go to the doctor to see what was wrong. The doctor couldn’t really tell my parents what was wrong because I wasn’t really specific about the pain, so they decided to send me to the hospital.

I spent almost a day in the emergency room taking blood test and x-rays. I’ve never had the doctor take blood from me or had x-rays. When the doctors took my blood it was painful I don’t like needles and I didn’t like the idea that a 2 inch needle was in my vein. After a couple of hours the doctor came in to the room ant they told me what was wrong and I needed an operation. I didn’t really know what to do or say. I look to my side and I saw my mom sitting down I knew she wanted to cry she was cared because she didn’t know what would happen to me. I really wanted to blame somebody for what was going on, but I didn’t know who to blame. I kept thinking about all those times I was almost hurt. I knew maybe the only person I should blame is myself.

I have not known how to take care of myself I had always seen myself as invisible. I thought that nothing would happen to me. When the operation was done, I lay in bed and thought to myself that was a sign. Telling me that I should be more careful and I should take care of myself. Rather than just thinking or believing that nothing will happen that I will always be safe. If I would have taken care of myself and drink water or eat vegetables when my mom told me to, I wouldn’t have gone thought this situation. I now believe that life is fragile.