Chances in life

Rosario - Los Angeles, California

I believe in chances. I believe in chances because changes are when we have an opportunity to do an act over, especially an act we did wrong. When we have a chance to do it over, we can do it better and not do the same mistake over. The chances that I take serious are good ones, not bad, but there are many bad chances too. Chances have changed me to a different person. Having chances in my life has helped me discover who I am and what I can be. I learned about these chances when I was 15 years old. I never thought that my chances in life would change me. I started taking the chances I had in my hands serious because I got into my education.

I noticed that education offered me many chances, most importantly the chance to have a better future. When I got to 9th grade I really didn’t even know what chances meant until I noticed what was changing in my life and noticing that life brought me better opportunity. The chances that I had in my hands made me start taking school more seriously and being a better person with my mother. Before, I didn’t even help my mom with anything at home. When I notice that it was for my own good to help, my mother around the house clean and something cook I took my chances and learn how to do things around the house. I ask myself why learning how to cook or clean. I answer my own question and it was because someday I’ll get married. So I had to take the chance I had right then and even now I still have time to learn many things.

I’m sure that by all the chances that life is still going to give me, I’ll be a different person. It will lead me a different path. Everyday I try to do my best to be a better person and to be a person that will bring me happiness. The chance that I won’t take is dropping out of school. Like my mother says, it’s all up to me to have a good future.

I say that everybody has to take the chances they have in their hands seriously. Thinking about life and who I am makes me happy. I am happy for who I am and for letting things happen in my life. Ever since I was born, I’ve been having chances, I am glad I realized this when I went into high school. I realize this in high school because I notice that teachers were talking about college and what we can have in the future.

Having chances makes me have hope in everything. I know that my chances will take me where I want to go. I will have the time to do and get where I want. Chances will take me anywhere. It will also take anyone else anywhere they want.