We can all accomplish anything

Sarai - Los Angeles, California

Ever since I was small, I remember my aunts telling me, “Mija, usted puede lograr todo lo que usted quiera”. This means, “You can accomplish anything you want”. However, I never really believed this because back in the 8th grade through first semester of 10th grade I always wanted to get good grades, but was never able to get them. However, my beliefs changed in the second semester of 10th grade when I actually promised myself to try my best and get straight A’s. When I got my final report card for my second semester of 10th grade, I realize that it’s true, we can accomplish anything we want, there is nothing we can’t do, we just have to be willing to do it and try hard.

During my 8th grade through first semester of 10th grade I used to be a person that never really tried hard to earn good grades. I always used to feel happy if I got at least a C. However, after I started working and got to know how hard it is to work a lot and earn a miserable amount of money, I said to myself, “You have to try hard in school, earn good grades so you can get into a good college and be able to get a good job so you won’t have to be working this hard”. This is when I tried hard to get good grades so I can get where I want to get. However, the results of my efforts weren’t shown from one day to another, it took some time to see the results of my hard work.

I recall some nights staying up until 12 or 1 in the morning finishing up my homework. I didn’t really care if I didn’t sleep as long as I finished everything and got a good grade on it. Even though this wasn’t easy, when I saw the results I thought it was actually worth it. I knew that my hard work had paid off, and no one could take away the feeling of pride I got from it.

I especially felt so proud of myself at the end of the second semester of 10th grade because I got straight A’s, even in my A.P class. When I saw my report card I realize that it’s true, we can all accomplish anything we want, we just have to have the willingness to do it, and have to try and try and never give up. I believe that everyone in the world is capable of accomplishing their goals, and there is no such thing as “I can’t do it” because I’m sure that if I was able to do something I thought was impossible, everyone can do anything they want.